Every show I take on the role of quizmaster and fire questions at Joseph and Tim based on the week’s sports news. Historically, Joseph wipes the floor with Tim but he’s made a good start this season. Here are all our old quizzes for you to try, I obviously can’t put any new ones up…can’t trust them two!
Dodgy Quiz 17/9/11
Joseph was back with a vengeance after going missing last week. he was not messing around and quickly re-established his lead, he was so serious there weren’t even any of his usual delaying tactics. The score is still close though, 4-3 to Joseph…
1. Macclesfield striker Ben Tomlinson caught the Morecambe defense unawares by scoring an early goal on Tuesday night but how long did it take him to find the net?
2. In Athletics, the Diamond League moved to Brussels last night, but what was strange about the way one of the 400m races was set up?
3. Mike Tindall found himself in some hot water during England’s break between world cup fixtures in New Zealand, but what was the name of the bar where he and other squad members were pictured ‘enjoying their time off’?
4. Which Premier League team’s emblem was photographed in a cloud formation this week, and bears enough resemblance to the logo that it’s become an Internet hit?
5. Joe Cole joined French club Lille at the end of the transfer window, but what song did he choose to sing to endear himself to his new teammates?
6. Nigel de Jong is famous for his no nonsense attitude on the football pitch, but what game does the Dutchman play on his phone to get in the mood before games?
7. Wayne Rooney scored his seventh hat trick for Man Utd against Bolton last weekend, equaling whose record for most club hat tricks?
8. Which Premier League club have released a line of lingerie?
9. Wales came within a whisker of beating world champions South Africa, but can you name the kicker whose penalty was controversially disallowed?
10. Which team secured their first cricket County Championship title for 77 years?
THE DECIDER: Rahul Dravid played his final one-day international for India in a miserable series against England but who bowled him out in Cardiff?
1. 7 seconds. 2. They ran the wrong way round. 3. Altitude Bar. 4. Wolves. 5. ‘Cos I’m a Londoner’. 6. Angry birds. 7. Sir Bobby Charlton. 8. Newcastle United. 9. James Hook. 10. Lancashire. THE DECIDER: Graeme Swann.
Dodgy Quiz 10/9/11
Joseph was a no show this week, possibly still reeling from Tim’s performance the previous week. So because of Joseph’s absence Tim won by default (a hollow victory he was a little too pleased about), meaning the score’s now tied at 3-3. Even though we didn’t get to air the quiz it doesn’t mean you can’t have a go…
1. What fashion faux-par did QPR striker Jay Bothroyd commit in training this week, that caused one of his teammates (Joey Barton) to tamper with the item?
2. Who publically threatened Harry Redknapp and caused the issue to be addressed in his Friday press conference?
3. During the international break Mario Balotelli’s been out and about, but where was he mobbed by crowds this week?
4. Everyone in New Zealand is very excited for the start of the Rugby World Cup, but where did a flash mob of 50 people break into the Haka before the start of the tournament?
5. What unusual incident happened to Rafael Nadal in a press conference earlier this week and why?
6. During the match between David Ferrer and Andy Roddick at the US Open what was discovered on court that caused a delay in play?
7. New Zealand made a fantastic start to the World Cup beating Tonga 41-10 and are among the favourites, but when was the last time they actually won the tournament?
8. Phillips Idowu publically shunned UK athletics head coach Charles van Commenee on the way home from the World Athletics Championships in Daegu, but who pipped him to gold last weekend in the triple jump?
9. What incident were Greek athletes Costas Kenteris and Katerina Thanou acquitted of this week that caused them to miss a doping test on the eve of the 2004 Olympic in Athens?
10. Michael Jordan famously switched from basketball to baseball, but which British sportsman has suggested giving up the day job to have a go in the diamond?
THE DECIDER: What injury has ruled England batsman Eoin Morgan out of England’s one day tour of India?
1. He wore Ugg boots. 2. Abbey Clancy. 3. An Italian prison. 4. A shopping mall. 5. He slid off his chair because of cramp. 6. A crack in the court’s surface. 7. 1987. 8. Christian Taylor. 9. Staging a motorcycle crash. 10. Kevin Pietersen. THE DECIDER: Shoulder injury
Dodgy Quiz 3/9/11
Tim pulled off one of the most emphatic victories the Dodgy Quiz has ever seen to close the gap to just one. Joseph was stunned but still holds a narrow lead at 3-2…
- Novak Djokovic enjoyed a comfortable win against Carlos Berlocq in the US Open, landing a successful hot dog before winning the match, what is a hot dog shot?
- The end of this week will feel much more positive for Arsenal fans compared to the start, but which two players featured in a mock up picture that Jack Wilshire apparently found hilarious?
- Which transfer window mover stopped in Soho this week to give a twenty-euro note to a beggar?
- Lille were desperate to hold on to South Korean international Chu Young Park, but what extreme lengths did club officials go to, in a vain attempt to stop the striker leaving?
- Back to Novak, who did the world number one tennis player impersonate at a press conference this week?
- In the lead up to the 2011 World Championships, what unusual place did the British rowing team find to train?
- In Formula 1, who replaced Nick Heidfeld on Renault’s team when the German’s contract was terminated this week?
- Who secured Britain’s first and only gold medal of the World Championships so far?
- Who won the Player of the Month Award for August?
- Celtic must have thought it was Christmas this week when they were reinstated into the Europa League, who did they replace?
THE DECIDER: Who can name the most Dutch goal scorers from their mauling of San Morino last night?
1. Between the legs. 2. Per Mertesacker, Andrei Arshavin. 3. Joey Barton. 4. They chased him to the airport. 5. Maria Sharapova. 6. The travelator at Munich Airport. 7. Bruno Senna. 8. Dai Greene – 400m hurdles. 9. Edin Dzeko. 10. FC Sion. THE DECIDER: Robin van Persie (4), Wesley Sneijder (2), John Heitinga, Dirk Kuyt, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (2), Georginio Wijnaldum
Dodgy Quiz 27/8/11
Joseph and Tim were both especially poor this week, but Mr Gunn just managed to clinch another win to make the score 3-1. Tim did surprise us with his knowledge of resident artists in Las Vegas though. Worryingly…
- Sachin Tendulkar fell short of his 100th test century in the fourth test at the Oval this week, but who bowled him out?
- How many runs did Tendulkar finish on?
- The Athletics World Championships takes place this weekend, but what unexpected setback did American sprinter Justin Gatlin have to overcome in preparation for the 100m?
- Who will become the first paralympian to compete against able-bodied athletes in a major championship?
- Andy Murray beat world number one Novak Djokovic in the Cincinnati Masters, but why did the Serbian have to retire in the second set?
- Which Spanish football team tried to get fans rared up for the new season this week by releasing a video featuring lesbian zombies and sperm donation?
- Which Turkish club have started construction on a new stadium that will include a giant crocodile on the roof?
- We’re not the only ones doing forfeits apparently, which Bolton player was made to dress up as Superwoman this week?
- Which legendary singer paid homage to his beloved club Celtic as he started his two-year residency in Caesar’s Palace, Las Vegas?
- Chelsea signed Juan Mata from Valencia this week, but who’s number was the Spanish midfielder handed when he arrived?
THE DECIDER: In what year did Aston Villa last beat Wolves at home?
1. Tim Bresnan. 2. 91. 3. He got frostbite. 4. Oscar Pistorius. 5. Shoulder injury. 6. Getafe. 7. Bursaspor. 8. Stuart Holden. 9. Rod Stewart. 10. Yossi Benayoun. THE DECIDER: 2003.
Dodgy Quiz 20/8/11
It was a close run affair this week, but Joseph asserted control and now leads 2-1. Although I am becoming somewhat dubious about his delaying tactics, I may have to consult the judges for next week…
- Mercedes GP invested £35,000 pounds in a device for fourteen-year-old Matthew James this week, what was the device?
- South Korean Olympian Im Dong-Hyun has overcome what disability to compete in archery competitions and be aiming for gold at London 2012?
- Andy Murray beat Gilles Simon to reach the semi finals of the Cincinnati Masters, but why was their match delayed before the start?
- Who did Jose Mourinho poke in the eye during the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup?
- Which Jamaican sprinter tested positive to a banned substance this week?
- Which British Olympian got A, A, B in their photography, Spanish and Maths A-levels?
- Owen Coyle called for calm ahead of Bolton’s clash with Man City this weekend, because of Sergio Aguero spitting at one of his players during a clash with the striker’s former club Atletico Madrid, but which player did he spit at?
- Michael Owen tweeted this week that he was about to embark on the biggest challenge of his life, what was he about to start?
- Tottenham comprehensively beat Hearts this week in the Europa League qualifying round, but came you name all five of Spurs’ goal scorers?
- Which Premier League footballer leant his support to 89 year old Aaron Biber who’s barber shop was damaged during the London riots?
THE DECIDER: Andrew Strauss had a narrow escape when facing a ball from Ishant Sharma during the fourth test between England and India at the Oval, what happened?
1. A bionic hand. 2. He’s so short sighted he can barely see. 3. A fire alarm. 4. Tito Vilanova - assistant coach. 5. Steve Mullings. 6. Tom Daley. 7. Matt Taylor. 8. A 1000 piece horse inspired jigsaw puzzle. 9. van der Vaart, Defoe, Livermore, Bale, Lennon. 10. Peter Crouch. THE DECIDER: The ball broke part of his helmet.
Dodgy Quiz 13/8/11
Tim showed Joseph won’t have everything his way this season by winning comfortably. The score stands at 1-1…
- In the lead up to next month’s World Cup England got a scare over an injury to which key player?
- What did Mario Balotelli’s teammates do to his Maserati over the summer?
- Stoke City winger Jermaine Pennant had his ears pinned back over the summer, what did he tell family and friends was the reason for his change in appearance?
- In 1983 which Premier League manager had a cameo role in ‘Scully’?
- How was Kevin Pietersen dismissed in the third test again India?
- What name is given to a series of three rugby league matches between Queensland and New South Wales?
- Roger Federer was beaten to the quarterfinals of the Rogers Cup by which player who also knocked him out of Wimbledon?
- Tiger Woods is having a hard time of it at the moment, but how many times has he been in the bunkers at the USPGA Championship?
- How many years has it been since Brighton beat Portsmouth away?
- An upset Arsenal fan and blogger has re-written the words to which Eminem song to voice his concerns about Arsne Wenger’s summer transfer activity?
THE DECIDER: Which event did Saskia Clark and Hannah Mills achieve silver at an Olmypic test event in Weymouth?
1. Lewis Moody. 2. Put a kipper underneath the drivers seat. 3. He banged his head and went to Harley Street to get it bandaged. 4. Kenny Dalglish. 5. LBW. 6. State of Origin. 7. Jo-Wilfiried Songa. 8. Twelve. 9. 26 years. 10. Stan. THE DECIDER: 470 class sailing.
Dodgy Quiz 6/8/11
True to form Joseph displayed his wide knowledge of sport and emerged victorious over Tim. See how you get on…
- Mark Cavendish currently races for HTC-Highroad but the speculation is rife that he’ll move to which other team?
- Brighton host Doncaster Rovers this afternoon in the first fixture at the AmEx Stadium, but why was Rovers boss Sean O’Driscoll unhappy at the use of the Keepmoat stadium just days before the start of the season?
- Joey Barton’s been in the news again this week, tweeting his dissatisfaction at being made available for a free transfer, but which famous author did he quote in his mid-week rant?
- Which club tried to hide the fact that three players missed the pre-season photo-call by photoshopping their heads onto other players’ bodies?
- During the pre-season friendly between Bournemouth and Crystal Palace, how many offers did the Eagles have turned down by their opponents for promising 19-year-old Danny Ings?
- Rory McIlroy has announced he’ll be moving to the US to focus on his career, but which famous sporting star is he rumoured to be in a relationship with?
- Paul Scholes played his testimonial against New York Cosmos last night but what is Eric Cantona’s role at the club?
- What is the name of the sport, popular in Sussex and Kent that’s described as a mix between rounders and cricket?
- After the dizzy heights of last season’s success, Barcelona have struggled in pre-season, but what was unusual about the way Victor Valdes was beaten in a penalty shootout in Miami this week?
- Which British long distance runner has chosen to miss Ramadan so he can compete at this month’s World Championships in South Korea?
THE DECIDER: Tottenham will play Hearts in the Europa league play-off round, but who gave them a real scare in the qualifying round for the Champions League last season?
1. Team Sky. 2. Westlife hosted a concert at the ground. 3. George Orwell. 4. Wolves – David Edwards, Christophe Berra and Adlene Guedioura. 5. Three. 6. Caroline Wozniacki. 7. Director of Soccer. 8. Stoolball. 9. The goal was scored by a Dolphin. 10. Mo Farah THE DECIDER: Young Boys